Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Padre Pio Novena- Day 1



A very kind friend on Phatmass gave me this novena to Saint Padre Pio! I am offering it up for some personal problems, but if you would like to pray it with me, then I will offer it up for the general intentions of all my fellow pray-ers. So, what say you? Will you pray with me?



DAY ONE:

Beloved St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina, you have had the signs of the Passion of Our Lord on your body. You have carried this stigmata for everyone, enduring both the physical and mental sufferings that racked your soul and body in a continual sacrifice. We beg you to pray for us, so that we will be able to accept both the little and the larger crosses we too must bear during our life on earth and to offer these sufferings to God, assuring us a place with Him in Eternal Life.

(Pray here the prayer to the Sacred Heart:
O most holy heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore You, I love You, and with lively sorrow for my sins I offer You this poor heart of mine. Make me humble, patient, pure and wholly obedient to Your will. Grant, Good Jesus, that I may live in You and for You. Protect me in the midst of danger. Comfort me in my afflictions. Give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, Your blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death.)

Amen.




"It is to your advantage to commit yourself to the sufferings that Jesus will send to you. Jesus cannot tolerate seeing you afflicted and He will come to you and comfort you, blessing you with many graces for your soul." ~Padre Pio

No comments:

Post a Comment